Mr. Bernstein has served as a LACERA Trustee since 2011 and is currently an appointed member of the Board of Investments. After graduating summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Duke University with a degree in Public Policy, he began his career in New York City as an analyst at Morgan Stanley. He has been a Los Angeles County resident for more than 25 years and has managed and consulted on institutional real estate investments for the past 20 years. Mr. Bernstein resides in Hancock Park and is a single parent raising three teenage children.
His notable accomplishments include:
- President and Founder, Harper Management, Inc.
- Governance Fellow, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Board Chair, Big Sunday
- Board of Visitors, Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy
- Past Board Chair, West Hollywood Planning Commission
- Past Board Chair, West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Chair, Family Equality Council
- Past Board Vice-Chair, National LGBTQ Task Force
- Past Board Secretary, Congregation Kol Ami
- Past Board Secretary, Van Ness Recovery House
- Graduate certificates from the Wharton Business School, Harvard University, and the University of California at Berkeley